Bag of Knowledge - Blog 4


Q4:  What has been your favourite pattern during 2019 or this past decade? And what are you looking forward to mastering in 2020?

Sophies Universe comes to mind...immediately. When I first became "aware" of crocheting, I was seeing this amazing pattern everywhere.  It was mind-boggling, to say the least.  I took a giant step for me, then, and made one for my mom (proudly featured in Dedri's book).  I did it in 3 months!!  I have learned sooo much from that pattern, so much so that I feel I can crochet anything.  That was in 2016.  Fast forward to present day, and what the future holds, I might be scaling down on some of the test crochets, and make hubby the Sophie I have been promising him since forever. Thanks for the opportunity answering these questions, and may you all have a blessed festive season.
≈ Eloise Nel the creator behind MyLove4Crochet

My favourite pattern this past year has been Ghost Horses by Caitlin Hunter. I have been using Miss La Motte twisted sock and loved working with this yarn, I definitely will be looking at stocking this in 2020. 2019 has been a year of growth in my skills in knitting and crocheting and now owning a yarn shop I am excited to pass on those skills to others.

Next year besides mastering owning a yarn shop I want to continue to build my confidence in Brioche & colourwork knitting. More socks are on the cards and I have fallen in love with Tunisian crochet so that is also going to be worked on.
≈ Lauren Ackerman, owner of Yarn@ZelLe follow her on Instagram and on Facebook
 
As a designer, Hilda cannot provide an answer, but look out for big things in 2020
≈ Hilda Steyn, designer, blogger and co-author of Hekel en Word Heel is also on Instagram

My favourite project for 2019 was Wildwood Shawl from Andrea Mowry that I knitted in 3 shades of Umbala hand painted yarns. I learnt 2 different ways of doing increases in a crescent shawl that I have not done previously. I am looking forward to 2020 to broaden my brioche knitting skills. I have loads of brioche patterns in Ravelry to choose from! 
≈Juanita Muir, designer at Juaknits and follow her on Instagram

My all-time favourite patterns to design have been my Crochet A Block Afghan Crochet Along. I try to push myself every time to do something different and learn new techniques and stitches. I look forward to 2020 to push myself even more out of my comfort zone and to be more prepared and organized!!
 Joanita Theron the designer behind Creative Crochet Workshops

My favourite pattern of 2019 was definitely the crochet “Jaarn-top” from Bren Grobler.  I think it is because it was the first garment I made for myself and because it was such an easy-going and quick and adjustable pattern.  This is the one pattern I’ll definitely use again.  For 2020 I would like to master the art of Brioche knitting.  I just love the beautiful pattern that forms with the brioche knitting technique.  So I’ll definitely be attending some brioche classes in the near future. 
≈ Nicole Barkhuizen, the creator behind Oumaz, as well as The Crafters Diary. You can find her on Instagram or Ravelry

It is really difficult to answer this one but I am very proud of the Ninilchik Swoncho by Caitlin Hunter I knitted with Indiebelle Fibres Bliss DK in 2019.  I hope to master double knitting in 2020!
≈ Adele Marais, founder and creator behind Yarn Creations and vlogger on YouTube

My favourite pattern is definitely the Blurre by Deanne Ramsay, this pattern is so easy and mindless and gave me my first introduction to marling and blending of yarns. In 2020 I hope to be braver when it comes to knitting and that I would finish some of my knitting PhDs.
≈ Surene Palvie, the photographer behind Nova Photography and amazing colour collaborator and crafter

I could be giving the same answer as Surene, however, I also discovered a very special FB page, and this led me to Fair Isle patterns and in particular, Fisherman Keps. For 2020 I would like to master brioche and do another one of #JenTyler’s patterns.
                               
Thank you for coming to this blog and reading what we have to say. We all hope it is useful or at least inspires you to do some research and expand your knit/crochet journey. Happy holidays, and a very happy 2020!!  
                                                                           ≈ Designerhook, designer on Ravelry and Facebook page and a blogger

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bag of Knowledge - Blog 5

Bag of Knowledge - Blog 6

Bag of Knowledge - Blog 7