Bag of Knowledge - Blog 5


Q5 - Share your latest accomplishment, what prompted you and why you would encourage other yarnies to give it a go?  January was a busy month but we are hoping February will bring back BoK inspiration for all our panellists

My latest accomplishment was completing 2 test knits for Carissa Browning - Briobius (brioche in a mobius cowl) and Mix Tape  (mosaic cowl) I definitely learnt a lot while completing these 2 projects; never too old to learn new skills.  I will for sure be exploring these two techniques this year. Both patterns available on Ravelry
≈Juanita Muir, designer at Juaknits and follow her on Instagram

My latest achievement has been brioche. I have always wanted to learn this technique and after completing Be Inspired’s Block of the Month course I knew the basics but it was Karen from Miss la Motte and Be Inspired (again) who held a workshop in advanced brioche that really set my juices flying. I’m definitely going to be using this technique a lot in 2020.
≈ Lauren Ackerman, owner of Yarn@ZelLe follow her on Instagram and on Facebook

My favourite yarn to work with is lace and last year I found myself immersed in creating fishermen caps after seeing an example by a very accomplished knitter, with a large component of colour work.  Recently I tried it out using singles and am super pleased with the effect, but not converted LOL.  The reason I would encourage anyone to try out lace is because of the effect it creates and being 100% merino or mixed with a small component of another blend, it is warm enough for most regions of South Africa, and because you can use larger needles or hooks it doesn’t take as long as you would imagine. Give it a go!
≈ Designerhook, designer on Ravelry and Facebook page and a blogger

                                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bag of Knowledge - Blog 6

Bag of Knowledge - Blog 7